Call for Submissions for Ake Review 2018
The Ake Arts and Book Festival, is delighted to announce a call for entries for the 2018 edition of our annual journal, Ake Review. The theme for this year’s festival which is the 6th Edition is:Fantastical Futures, focused on a re-imagined African future. What lessons have been learnt following our understanding of governance, gender and sexuality, literacy and education, health and wellbeing? What events and attitudes will shape the Africa of our dreams? We are interested in submissions that engage these topics.
- Poetry - a maximum of three poems
- Prose – a maximum of 2000 words
- Artwork – a maximum of 2 works in high-res jpeg
- A bio of no longer than 70 words
- All entries must be submitted via email to [email protected] as attachments with 'AR Submission' in the subject line.
- Entries must be original and unpublished
- Only one submission per person
- Deadline for entries is Monday 20 July, 2018
- Successful creatives will receive 2 copies of Ake Review and a token payment which will be communicated directly