Ake Review welcomes entries in all literary and artistic genres, including fiction, creative non-fiction, poetry, reviews, photography, film, music, sound art, performance art, and visual art. Entries can be submitted in written form, as podcasts, or as videos. Pieces that explore multi-genre, inter-disciplinary, and multimedia formats are encouraged.
Call for Submissions for Ake Review 2017
The Ake Arts and Book Festival is calling for submissions to the 2017 edition of our annual journal, Ake Review. This 5th Edition is themed This F-Word and will focus on the challenges, journeys and triumphs of African women, while exploring a range of feminist perspectives.
Rules for Submission
- Poetry – Up to 4 Poems
- Fiction – No more than 2,500 words
- Non-Fiction – No more than 2,000 words
- Artwork – Up to 2 high-res jpeg works
- A bio of no longer than 70 words
- All entries must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as attachments with 'AR Submission' in the subject line.
- Entries must be original and unpublished
- Only one submission per person
- Deadline for submission is Thursday 31 August, 2017
- Successful contributors will receive 2 copies of Ake Review and a token payment which will be communicated upon acceptance.
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2017 EDITION OF AKE REVIEW IS CLOSED!!!!!